From:              Simeon Ananou, Chief Information Officer Date:                April 10, 2020

Subject:           Communication and Collaboration Tool

This is a reminder that UVM has acquired and has implemented a campus-wide license of Microsoft Teams as our primary communication and collaboration tool to facilitate virtual interactions in support of university related activities. Teams is currently available to all members of the UVM community. It can be used to host meetings of both UVM and non-UVM-affiliates and is purposefully fully integrated into the university’s overall technology architecture to reduce potential confusion while improving the ease of use and security.

As we look for technologies and tools to support our social distancing practices, it becomes imperative more than ever before that we establish consistencies around the technologies we use as a campus community. For these reasons, I ask all members of the UVM community to take full advantage of existing institutional tools, such as Microsoft Teams, and immediately cease acquiring new technologies such as Zoom or other similar solutions. Offices that have an existing license of Zoom or other such technologies should not renew these licenses at the end of the current term.

Please encourage all employees within your college or division to contact the ETS Tech Team Help Line at [log in to unmask] or by phone at (802) 656-2604 if you have a specific use case for which you are unsure if Microsoft Teams could meet your needs.