A new version of the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client was deployed last week with the blessings from Network Services. The new version is 4.8.03036. It’s deployed as available for any devices that don’t have the client installed, and it will upgrade devices with a previously installed build with this new one. The new build is to help support the new VPN configurations which were recently made available by Network Services. You can download the VPN client from https:\\sslvpn.uvm.edu or use Webfiles https://webfiles.uvm.edu and download the new build from this location: \\files\shared\software\Apps\Cisco AnyConnect VPN

Please send directly to me the computer names of the systems you are having issues with and I will look into what it’s reporting behind the scenes. In the meantime, I have pushed the schedule for the installation of this new Cisco VPN build by a week.

-Harjit

From: Technology Discussion at UVM <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Helen Read
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 11:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: VPN is not treating me nicely.

Something does seem hinky. I had reconnected to the VPN about 15 minutes ago on both my laptops, was away from my desk for a few minutes, and both had silently disconnected. On my newer laptop, the icon was missing from the taskbar and the system tray (but still installed).

Helen Read

Senior Lecturer

Department of Mathematics & Statistics

University of Vermont