From: Technology Discussion at UVM <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Mickey Mossey
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 7:57 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Yearly NetID Password Changes while Remote

Good morning!

It’s about that time, now... people are getting their reminders to change their NetID passwords because it’s been about a year.

Because everyone’s remote these days and not directly connected to the domain for login, are there any instructions that I can send to my users to ensure that after their password is changed through the website that their system syncs and uses/requires the new password on subsequent logins?

In the past in these situations, a user would change their password, then when they rebooted the new password didn’t work, but the old one did. Then, of course the incorrect password was trying to send itself to all the programs and of course cause confusion.

Any information I could send along would be great!

Thank you,

Mickey Mossey

Director of Information Technology

Programming & System Administration