Do you not need a partnered simptest.uvm.edu/tech to test it?

________________________________
From: Technology Discussion at UVM <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Brian  Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 11:28:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: SimpleHelp java test

Hi All,

Our security scanner has identified the version of java that's bundled
with SimpleHelp as having known security risks. However, SimpleHelp
doesn't seem to be in a hurry to fix this. As an experiment, I switched
simpletest.uvm.edu to use OpenJDK instead of the bundled java version.
It seems to start up and connect fine, but it it would probably be a
good idea to put it through its paces and make sure there aren't any
problems hidden within.

Could I ask a few of you to test it out and see how it performs in the wild?

Thanks,

--
Brian O'Donnell
Senior Linux Systems Administrator, SAA