Dear Students,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to share a number of
timely updates.

  * The course *withdraw deadline is today, April 3, at 11:59pm Eastern
    Standard Time.*

  * If you are considering withdrawing from a course, you might also
    *explore the Pass/No Pass option.* You have until May 14 at noon
    Eastern Standard Time to select Pass/No Pass.

  * The Pass/No Pass request form will be available on the Registrar’s
    website beginning April 15. An extensive set of Pass/No Pass FAQ’s
    <https://www.uvm.edu/registrar/spring2020-Pass-NoPass-FAQ> is
    located on there as well. Your college or school has also sent you
    an additional email about Pass/No Pass.

  * Get ready for fall! Registration
    <https://www.uvm.edu/registrar/registration-schedule> for next
    semester begins *Monday, April 6*. Please reach out to your academic
    advisor if you haven’t already been in touch.

  * You /*can */register for courses next week even if you and your
    advisor have not been able to meet. Please do your best to connect
    as soon as possible, even if that’s after you register.

  * As in the past, when you register, you will be asked to agree to a
    set of conditions to ensure that you understand the commitment your
    registration reflects. This is*/not/* a new addition to the process
    and reflects UVM's compliance with the Federal Fair Credit Reporting
    Act.

  * Summer session will be offered exclusively online. Take some time to
    explore summer courses, <https://www.uvm.edu/~summer/> and check
    back often as we’ll be expanding offerings in response to your needs.

  * If you’re planning on*Study Abroad in the Fall*, be flexible and
    have a contingency plan. We’ll decide whether Fall Study Abroad can
    proceed by June 1. Until then, you should register for Fall courses
    as if you’ll be on campus, consider your housing options, and don’t
    make further non-refundable deposits to external programs. Contact
    the Office of International Education for more information.

I know how hard you are all working and I’m proud of you. Take some time
this weekend to step away from the screen, enjoy some fresh air and
exercise, and imagine all the better days to come.

With my best wishes to you and your families,

Provost Prelock