The Help Line has seen a correlation of this issue and recent NetID password changes, so far we’ve only noticed it on Windows domain joined machines.

We’re still not entirely sure what specifically causes the error – but we’ve had pretty good luck with deleting the %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams folder, and then asking clients to try logging in again.

-Travis

From: Technology Discussion at UVM <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Andrew Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 12:39 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Teams error

We’ve had a few people with Teams troubles similar to what you describe.  Interestingly all on Windows 10, but I’m not sure that’s a meaningful datapoint or not.

Reinstalling from scratch has gotten all of them running again:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app

It sometimes takes a couple of Teams starts to get back up and running.  Teams appears to have some sort of “self-healing” routines that it runs.

AEH