I think you’re right. My guess would be those two symptoms share the same root cause.

-Peter

From: Technology Discussion at UVM <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Andrew Hendrickson
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 16:53
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Presence Feature not working in Microsoft Teams

Wonder if this explains the spate of certificate errors I saw earlier today regarding presence.teams.microsoft.com?

AEH

From: Technology at <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Peter Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 4:50 PM
To: Technology at <[log in to unmask]>

Microsoft is aware of an issue with the Presence feature in Teams and working to fix it.

Teams users currently cannot view other users’ presence information or update their own.

See below for the latest update from Microsoft (as of 4:45 on Tuesday afternoon).

Thanks,

-Peter Brooks  -  SAA

All users can't view or update user presence in Microsoft Teams

TM212081, Microsoft Teams, Last updated: May 5, 2020 4:38 PM

Start time: May 5, 2020 3:55 PM

Status

Service degradation

User impact

Users are unable to view or update user presence in Microsoft Teams.

Are you experiencing this issue?

Is this post helpful?

Latest message View history

Title: All users can't view or update user presence in Microsoft Teams User Impact: Users are unable to view or update user presence in Microsoft Teams. More Info: Users will see a "Status Unknown" message when attempting to view another users status. Current status: We're investigating a subset of infrastructure responsible for processing presence request traffic. Scope of impact: This issue may potentially affect any of your users attempting to look up or update user presence. Start time: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 3:21 PM (7:21 PM UTC) Next update by: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 5:30 PM (9:30 PM UTC)