Hello folks:

Following up on Jim's post yesterday about the smtp.uvm.edu services changing their SSL Certificate chain to deal with the AddTrust root certificate that expires at 6:48am Saturday morning.

SAA will be updating the SSL certificate chain for ldap.uvm.edu and ldaprw.uvm.edu at 7pm this evening to remove the expiring certificate.

We tested this between 6pm and 7:30pm last night and the only failure we observed was in a secondary PeopleSoft authentication service that we are working with the DBAs to resolve today.

As Jim said yesterday:

For more detailed information about this issue, please refer to CMU ISO's excellent write-up on the problem:
https://www.cmu.edu/iso/service/cert-auth/addtrust.html

For more info and discussion on this topic by InCommon customers:  (Note, registration required):
https://lists.incommon.org/sympa/arc/cert-users/2020-05/msg00019.html

Again, if you notice SSL/TLS related problems today or tomorrow with UVM services, please write to [log in to unmask]  We'll provide updates as we learn more.

--
Frank Swasey