The Vermont Computer Science Alliance
<https://sites.google.com/vtvlc.org/vcsa/> is still active and alive...
though we definitely have had a little dormancy this Spring....

We are also the Vermont Chapter for the Computer Science Teachers
Association
<https://csteachers.org/entity/details?ViewId=0fe3400d-cce7-4307-912a-e5ec9b1b8b59&EntityId=87d3fe75-6dc5-47b5-a6f0-9d8998558664&EntityTypeId=837870a0-d830-473f-b19b-e8f73b6fb196>
and help to promote events within that framework.  The national conference
this year is (yep) virtual, and you can find info about that here
<https://web.cvent.com/event/c6254b47-740f-4232-a896-064f09fd0ab1/summary>
.

Yesterday, one of our colleagues from Massachusetts, Fred Martin,
indicated he wished to invite VT teachers to the following event which is
about guidelines, policy and creating resources for teachers interested in
Artificial Intelligence

Read on below:

Dear teachers,

I am part of the AI for K-12 project, which is developing guidelines and
curating resources for teachers bringing Artificial Intelligence to their
K-12 students. We started this project in spring 2018, and have published
our "Five Big Ideas of AI" (see (AI4K12.org <http://ai4k12.org/> and
graphic below).

We now have complete draft guidelines for Big Idea #1 on Perception. Themes
in this big idea include sensing, processing, and domain knowledge.

The Guidelines include recommendations for teaching and learning across
four grade bands: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12. We are looking for feedback from
teachers in all of these grade bands!

*The session on Big Idea #1 Perception will be held on Thursday, July 9 at
2:30 PM ET.* To participate:

* Please register here:
https://uml.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwkf-mrqj0rH9MPlwQsfHPCl6LOBU_gzt8z

* Please review the draft guidelines here: https://bit.ly/2VuSdhi

If you would like to give feedback but you can't make the meeting, please
let me know and I will send you the feedback link.

Thanks everyone! I am looking forward to meeting with you. Please let me
know if you have any questions.

Yours,
Fred
Fred Martin, Professor and Associate Dean, Kennedy College of Sciences,
UMass Lowell

[image: AI4K12_Five_Big_Ideas_Graphic.png]

--
Peter Drescher
Director of Technology and Innovation

The
information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is
confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for
the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior
consent from  the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected
by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
(FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding,
distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately at 802-857-7777 or return e-mail,and delete any
copies of this message immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this
communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the
communication.