The Vermont Computer Science Alliance is still active and alive... though we definitely have had a little dormancy this Spring....

We are also the Vermont Chapter for the Computer Science Teachers Association and help to promote events within that framework.  The national conference this year is (yep) virtual, and you can find info about that here.

Yesterday, one of our colleagues from Massachusetts, Fred Martin,  indicated he wished to invite VT teachers to the following event which is about guidelines, policy and creating resources for teachers interested in Artificial Intelligence

Read on below:

Dear teachers,

I am part of the AI for K-12 project, which is developing guidelines and curating resources for teachers bringing Artificial Intelligence to their K-12 students. We started this project in spring 2018, and have published our "Five Big Ideas of AI" (see (AI4K12.org and graphic below).

We now have complete draft guidelines for Big Idea #1 on Perception. Themes in this big idea include sensing, processing, and domain knowledge.

The Guidelines include recommendations for teaching and learning across four grade bands: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12. We are looking for feedback from teachers in all of these grade bands!

The session on Big Idea #1 Perception will be held on Thursday, July 9 at 2:30 PM ET. To participate:

* Please register here: https://uml.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwkf-mrqj0rH9MPlwQsfHPCl6LOBU_gzt8z

* Please review the draft guidelines here: https://bit.ly/2VuSdhi

If you would like to give feedback but you can't make the meeting, please let me know and I will send you the feedback link.

Thanks everyone! I am looking forward to meeting with you. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Yours,
Fred
Fred Martin, Professor and Associate Dean, Kennedy College of Sciences, UMass Lowell

AI4K12_Five_Big_Ideas_Graphic.png

--
Peter Drescher
Director of Technology and Innovation

The information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from  the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-857-7777 or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the communication.