Dear colleagues,

This morning I’m sharing an FYI that NSF has announced a submission deadline extension for the NSF Early Career Development (CAREER) program. The new deadline is August 11, 2020. Please see announcement below. Take advantage of the extra two weeks to strengthen your proposal by requesting feedback from colleagues and mentors!

https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=503214

Faculty Early Career Development Program  (CAREER) N NSF Wide Programs

CAREER DEADLINE

In consideration of the challenges facing many in our country, NSF is extending the upcoming proposal deadline for the Faculty Early Career Development Program (CAREER) until 5:00 p.m. submitter's local time on Tuesday, August 11, 2020.

Please note that the eligibility requirements specified in the solicitation remain unchanged, and proposers must meet all of the eligibility requirements as of the original deadline of July 27, 2020. The Departmental Letter that must be submitted by the Department Chair (or equivalent) must use July 27, 2020 to determine eligibility, regardless of whether the CAREER proposal is submitted before, on, or after July 27, 2020. An untenured assistant professor on July 27, 2020 is eligible to submit a CAREER proposal even if the Principal Investigator is tenured/promoted in the fall. A new faculty member who starts on July 28, 2020 or later is not eligible to submit a CAREER proposal this year.

In order to ensure timely proposal review and decision making, NSF strongly encourages submission of CAREER proposals on or before the original deadline of July 27, 2020. NSF will not consider requests to extend the deadline date beyond 5:00 p.m., submitter’s local time on August 11, 2020, except as outlined in PAPPG Chapter I.F.3.

--

Best regards,

Jeralyn

Jeralyn Haraldsen, PhD | Director

University of Vermont

Research Development

Office of the Vice President for Research

340 Waterman | 85 South Prospect Street

Burlington, VT 05405-0160

P: 802-656-2982 | [log in to unmask]

Chair, NORDP Northeast

Region I representative, NORDP Member Services Committee

Our team will be working remotely until further notice.

MS Teams is my preferred platform for video calls.

To unsubscribe from the SPANEWS list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(SPANEWS,SIGNOFF);