Thanks to all of you who responded.

theres gotta be a chuck norris joke in there somewhere. . . We looked at
some shredding equipment at the food venture center during the winter field
trip with vffc. . . it was bigger than you would want I am guessing, but
they might be folks to call, otherwise a big food processor might be
sufficient?

We bought a used robot coupe and it’s awesome for slicing garlic. It’s just
a big food processor with a continuous feed and will cut your processing
time tremendously. We can slice 100 lbs of garlic in less than an hour.

Industrial Robot Coupe Food Processor with shred blade. Not cheap at all,
but it is the best of the best.

https://cabbage-shredders.com/

We use the RobotCoupe CL-50, and it does the job. We initially used the R2
per universal recommendations from restaurant friends, but we quickly
burned out the motor as it's meant to be used for smaller, more diverse
projects rather than constant cabbage and root shredding. This is the next
step up, more intended for mass production and affordable. From other food
processors, it sounds like Hobart is the way to go if you have the money to
put towards it, and it will be what I look to purchase next. Hope that
helps. Would love to hear what others say.

From my experience you can start with a good processor, then you can move
to an attachment to a Kitchen aid to a 5 quart mixer. And if you’re getting
commercial scale I would go with an attachment to a Hobart mixer.

--
Scott & Lindsay Courcelle
Alchemy Gardens

802-492-2087