Thanks to everyone who responded! Question and replies below.

*ORIGINAL QUESTION:*

I'm looking for some sage advice on what tricks have worked well to help
keep salad greens from getting bitter in the heat. Beyond the standard
advice of adequate moisture, high fertility, and early morning harvest, I'm
wondering if anyone can weigh in on:

-Specific organic varieties or mixes (for baby lettuce greens and/or EZ
leaf/Salanova type greens, not standard full lettuce heads) that have
proven particularly successful?

-Experience using shade cloth--does it help? worth the cost? how do you use
it?

-Special watering regiments that have helped, beyond the more general
advice to keep the soil moist?