From: Ferrell, Deb <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2020 11:36 PM
To: Ferrell, Deb <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Flag Notification - Victims of COVID 19 - 2020-07-19

Flags to be Lowered to Half Staff

Per order of

Governor Philip B. Scott

Where the flag will be lowered:                               All State Facilities

Which flag(s) will be lowered:                                  Both the U.S. and Vermont Flag

Date the flag is to be lowered (at sunrise):            Sunday, July 19, 2020

Date flag is to return to full staff (at sunset):        Sunday, July 19, 2020

To Honor:           Vermonters Who Have Lost Their Lives Due to Coronavirus

Governor Scott's Press Release:  https://governor.vermont.gov/press-release/governor-phil-scott-announces-flag-policy-honor-vermonters-who-have-lost-their-lives
Governor Phil Scott Announces Flag Policy To Honor Vermonters Who Have Lost Their Lives Due To Coronavirus
Montpelier, Vt. - Governor Phil Scott today announced a flag lowering procedure to honor Vermonters who have died due to COVID-19, making the following statement:
"This Sunday, April 19 marks one month since Vermont's first fatality as a result of COVID-19. In honor of all the Vermonters we have lost to this terrible disease, I am ordering the U.S. and Vermont State flags to fly at half-staff on the 19th of every month for the remainder of 2020.
"As we continue to confront this public health crisis, it is important for each of us to remember those who are no longer with us and the friends and family who cared for them. We will get through this by staying united as Vermonters."
As of April 17, the Health Department has reported 35 deaths of Vermonters known to have COVID-19.

Notice sent by:  Office of the Commissioner

                             Department of Buildings & General Services

Deborah W. Ferrell  | Executive Manager
Government Business Services Division | (Fleet | Information Centers | Print | Postal | Surplus Property)
Request to Use State Facilities (RUSF) Process Manager | Flag Notification Process Manager
Department of Buildings & General Services |134 State Street | Montpelier, VT 05633-2201
Telephone |  Cell:  802-598-7167
Email Address:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

BGS COVID19 Information: https://bgs.vermont.gov/covid-19