Would have been nice to get this on Friday instead of 3:00 pm the day of.

On July 18, 2020, at 2:59 PM, "Condos, Jim" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ferrell, Deb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: July 18, 2020 at 2:52:16 PM EDT
To: "Ferrell, Deb" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Flag Notification - U.S. Representative John R. Lewis - 2020-07-18

Flags to be Lowered to Half-Staff

In Accordance With

Presidential Proclamation

Where the flag will be lowered:               All Vermont State facilities

Which flag(s) will be lowered:                  Both the U.S. and Vermont flags

Date the flag(s) will be lowered:              Saturday, July 18, 2020

Date flag(s) will return to full staff (at sunset):        Saturday, July 18, 2020

In Honor Of:                                                  U.S. Representative John R. Lewis who passed away on July 17, 2020

Information:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lewis_(civil_rights_leader)

Link to Presidential Proclamation: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-death-john-lewis/

Proclamations

Proclamation on the Death of John Lewis

Issued on: July 18, 2020

As a mark of respect for the memory and longstanding public service of Representative John Lewis, of Georgia, I hereby order, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions through July 18, 2020.  I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half‑staff for the same period at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this eighteenth day of July, in the year of our Lord two thousand twenty, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-fifth.

DONALD J. TRUMP

Notice sent by:  Office of the Commissioner

                             Department of Buildings & General Services

Deborah W. Ferrell  | Executive Manager

Government Business Services Division | (Fleet | Information Centers | Print | Postal | Surplus Property)

Request to Use State Facilities (RUSF) Process Manager | Flag Notification Process Manager

Department of Buildings & General Services |134 State Street | Montpelier, VT 05633-2201

Telephone |  Cell:  802-598-7167

Email Address:  [log in to unmask]

BGS COVID19 Information: https://bgs.vermont.gov/covid-19

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION. THIS MESSAGE MAY NOT BE FORWARDED. The information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from  the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at (802) 266-8910 or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately.Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the communication.