Good morning,

Due to COVID-19, we have opted for electronic delivery of individual Tax Rate Notices previously sent to towns and cities by mail. At this time, all municipalities with final rates should have received their notices by email. The communication was sent to Chairs of Selectboards/City Councils, Town Clerks, Treasurers, and other recipients as requested.

Please find the Final Education Property Tax Rates for 192 of the 259 municipalities on our website. In addition to this static view, there is now an interactive Education Tax Rate map for quick visual comparison and analysis of rates that you can access by scrolling down just below the FY21 Education Property Tax Rate table on the website.

For those with limited connectivity at the moment, I have also included the table in the body of this email below my signature for ease of reference, as we cannot attach documents to Muninet emails.

Towns not on this list have one of the following issues:

  1. No approved school budget
  2. Unanswered questions on their budgets still within the 30-day reconsideration period
  3. The town belongs to 2 union districts and one is on hold
  4. They are a reappraisal town and we have not yet received or processed their reappraised 411 data

Each subsequent round of rate setting (weekly or bi-weekly) will generate a new set of electronic Tax Rate Notices for delivery by email and the most current information on rates will be published on our website: https://tax.vermont.gov/property-owners/understanding-property-taxes/education-tax-rates.

Thank you for your patience and assistance in distributing this information with your office.

Best,

Casey Michael O’Hara | Program Manager

Property Valuation and Review Division | Vermont Department of Taxes

(802) 828-6834 | 133 State Street | Montpelier, VT 05633-1401 | tax.vermont.gov

This email may contain confidential tax information. The information is intended only for use by the individual or entity addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information, and any such action would subject you to civil and/or criminal prosecution under state and Federal confidentiality laws. If you received this email in error, immediately delete this email and contact us at 802-828-6639 or [log in to unmask] for further instructions.

TOWN

STATUS

CALC

CLA