<https://zdoggmd.com>
ZDoggMD logo
I'm forwarding these letters from doctors and
nurses at Elmhurst that were posted to Dr.
Zdogg's website, because it is crucial that
progressive activists not be taken in by this
video, or by two others -- "Plandemic"
(Miskovitz), and by videos by Dana Ashley.
It's not her anti-vaccine concerns that are
upsetting, at least not to me (since I am highly
critical of the vaccine industry myself), but of
the "undercover nurse's" lies and failure to use
age-old reporting techniques to ferret out the
truth (interviews, questions to staff, context,
response to criticisms). I wish the doc in the
video here didn't talk about "conspiracy
theories", which really muddies the waters. But
these letters from medical staff at Elmhurst ring
true to me, and need to be heard.

Mitchel Cohen
Coordinator, No Spray Coalition against pesticides
https://www.NoSpray.org

https://zdoggmd.com/elmhurst-hospital/

What Really Happened At Elmhurst Hospital

June 11th, 2020

The real victims of misinformation spread by
nurse Erin Marie Olszewski shared their stories with me.

Just a sample of excerpts (anonymized) below
(will be adding more as I find a minute to edit
to keep them anonymous). See our original
<https://zdoggmd.com/undercover-nurse/>debunking
of “Perspectives of the Pandemic” here.

 From a physician fellow at Elmhurst:

As someone who worked in those units and know the
individuals and patients she referenced I can say
without question that she spoke from a place of ignorance.

That she would use lazy and faulty conclusions
based on superficial observations to assign
motives to and assassinate the character of
people who worked tirelessly is unconscionable. I
know these residents and doctors, who paid
emotional and physical (got sick w/ covid) toll trying their best.

Furthermore, I respect that she had concerns
about patient care and applaud a system of
accountability that would give her a voice to ask
questions. THE PROBLEM IS SHE NEVER ASKED….. SHE JUST ASSUMED.

Had she have asked questions and had civil
discussions with the medical team this is what they would have told her:

While it is true that some patients tested
negative, those patients all had horrendously
deranged inflammatory makers (with distributive
shock on pressure) and chest x rays clearly
demonstrating lung injury. In this case the
responsible thing to do is to assume covid
positive and give the available treatment.
Speaking of which, all of these patients received
an adjunctive anti inflammatory treatment
consistent w CDC recs at the time so I’m not sure
what her point regarding Plaquenil was.

This is because you’re likely dealing with a
false Negative test because these patients were
often unintentionally swabbed too superficially
(i.e. didn’t get oropharynx because people
testing don’t want to cause the patient
discomfort and also limit their own exposure,
which is understandable). This was a limitation
of the test itself at the time. This also
completely undermines the notion that these
patients were inappropriately intubated for
conditions like “anxiety”. There was clear evidence of
underlying organic disease processes and high
flow O2 was often attempted prior to intubation
when possible, but in addition to needing more
respiratory support these patients also would
develop encephalopathy and require intubation for airway protection.

She makes the mistake of comparing a limited
experience w/ covid in Florida to a different
population of patients (much sicker) in New York.

Each of her other arguments/points could be
similarly refuted by anyone with first hand
knowledge of the situation. You get the point.

This nurse may think she is helping in her own
delusional way but effectively she is
type-casting an entire community and hospital as
inept, inadequate, and ignorant. I wonder if she
would have made this video if she was working in
the established hospitals across in Manhattan?
I’ve worked shifts I’m both ICU’s during this
crisis. While Elmhurst is a public hospital and
as a result may lack some resources, I can tell
you the medical decision making was consistent in
both and outcomes were similar. These were simply
sick patients. Inherent in her video is a bias
and prejudice that is damaging in its own right.

Of course I was mad, but of this makes me sad
more than anything. Sad for colleagues who were
portrayed as inhuman/inept when they volunteered
to do these shifts because they felt the call to
duty (no hefty hazard pay required, like this
nurse received). These same individuals shed
tears over their patients, I’ve seen it, they
just chose to do so privately, confiding only in
their closest friends, rather than online. They
also got sacrificed their bodies and got sick caring for their patients.

I’m sad that someone would hijack the struggle of
an underserved community for the purpose of their
own narrative, and in doing so stereotype them all in a damaging way.

But most of all, I’m thankful you took the time
to stand up for them. They certainly appreciate it.

 From a traveling nurse co-worker at Elmhurst:

First, as healthcare professionals we all can see
through the misconception and ill perspective of
the psycho that worked hand in hand next to me.
Someone I thought was a friend, someone that was
in the trenches of Elmhurst with me-I thought-for all the right reasons.

But, here is Erin Marie… Firstly, Covid rule outs
WERE homed with Covid positive patients at the
beginning of this pandemic-why- because the
hospital was 80% OVER capacity. Imagine-we had
152 patients on ventilators when I walked through
that door April 11th. We still have original
Covid patients in the ICU units-some that were
intubated at the end of March. They are now
successfully trached, out of bed to chair, and
undergoing pt/ot as they should be. Truth-there
are patients that have negative Covid
tests-falsely-why because they had elevated
inflammatory markers on admission. Huge cause for
a false negative-clinically present with glass
ground opacities in the lungs, and rapid onset of
multi organ system failure. And, as you
said-false negatives and false positives happen.
In the case of my *** patient (Erin mentioned)-I
can tell you more about that person than I can
myself. Presented  to the ED with shortness of
breath and a cough. No underlying medical
conditions. Now, take into consideration-this is
the melting pot of the US-there are so many
ethnicities and cultures here-healthcare is not
free and they are underprivileged and don’t
receive treatment when they should… was admitted
to a Covid med surg floor ( tested positive) on a
nasal canula, to venti mask to nonrebreather to
eventually bipap. Was proning during this time.
He was also receiving hydroxychloroquine and
azithromycin. Guess what happened next-had a
MI-prolonged QT. That’s what landed him on the
ventilator with renal failure to follow. He had a
dialysis catheter placed, an a-line, and a triple
lumen central line. Why. Because those are needed
tools in the ICU-that’s a critical care
patient-Covid or not. I don’t know about you but
I’m not infusing levophed, vasopressin, and neo
through peripherals that need to be changed every
72 hours on someone with poor vascular access and
terrible perfusion. A line for ABGS and blood
draws to be able to wean or titrate the
ventilator and replace electrolytes as needed,
and review renal panels for preparation of HD.
All of these lines and tubes and we still with
help of an Air Force prone team were proning my patient!

Truth-Erin Marie is NOT a critical care nurse-she
claims she is an ED nurse. She was taught how to
inline suction, how to titrate drips, and how to
open and insert the chamber into the epi syringe
during a code(I’m pretty sure that must have been
used in her ED career at some point). The night
she videotaped and recorded my conversation and
my patient was the night he passed. (Redacted for patient privacy)

Following the deaths of these three patients on
that same night, CCU became a clean unit-there is
no Covid or suspected Covid in the unit. Shoe
covers are only worn in level 3 zones-not
throughout the entire facility as she claims.
What Erin doesn’t share is that the “dentist and
ophthalmologist” working in the ICUs they have a
defined role-they are the medical professionals
that FaceTime family members at bedside. They are
not treating! They are an extension of the
nursing staff so we can provide more time caring
for our patients and less time answering phone
calls and talking to families…during this
pandemic. What Erin doesn’t share is she was
moved from night shift to dayshift on her own
accord(it seems once she got what she wanted from
her recordings) and shortly after terminated by
Elmhurst and Krucial staffing for accusing a
physician of murdering her patient.

To express the level of betrayal, hurt , doubt,
pure disgust and anger is something I can not put
into words. Working at a level one trauma center
in a hurricane prevalent area, I came to Elmhurst
to give the regular staff some reprieve-a fresh
face-a strong skill set-and to answer my nursing
oath. I thought others did too and man did this
one nurse prove me wrong. We were welcomed with open arms and air hugs.

My heart hurts for the regular staff at
Elmhurst-they are good nurses-they have good
docs(and bad docs) but who doesn’t. But, the
amount of mistrust, doubt, and fear that her
video portrays to an otherwise already
underprivileged city hospital-that’s not ok. All
I keep thinking about are the families, the
morale of the staff…there was no good to come
from her video. It puts agency nurses in a
terrible light-we already face obstacles of “oh
you’re just a travel nurse” We aren’t all the
same. Please feel free to share with the
tribe-just keep it anonymous for me-The
reputation is fractured. The morale is terrible.
And it’s not fair for these nurses-most CCRN
certified to always be portrayed in a negative
light. And, it shows credibility that not all travel nurses are snakes.

 From a pulmonary attending who cared for one of the patients mentioned:

I’m pulmonary/critical care in *** and
volunteered through SCCM to go to NY as a
pulmonary/critical care physician. I ended up at
Elmhurst for a month and loved it. PCCM was
needed so badly there; they got hammered and
badly needed critical care docs. That’s an easier
story to tell by voice than by the written word.
Everyone there that I worked with, from the
nurses to the docs, the residents and fellows,
all worked really hard for the benefit of every
patient. The residents got thrown into the lion’s
mouth when the virus hit that hospital. It was
really bad for them. The hospital ran out of
ventilators and they had to decide who got
ventilators (exame: choose between the older
grandfather or the younger 40 year old with kids,
etc.), which tore them up emotionally a lot. Many
told me how they cried over what they saw and
really had what I would describe as moral
distress. Later the hospital got ventilators
(less-than-ideal travel vents) but they needed
staff. It was over a month later before Locums
and volunteers started to arrive.

Anyway, I saw that Erin person around a few times
but she was never the nurse on any of my
patients. It turned out she was making
inflammatory posts on social media which people picked up on.

She was an agency nurse with Krucial and was
working nights. Apparently no one saw her social
media posts, which were really inflammatory. She
got busted when she had remained logged in for 12
hours outside of her assigned shift time
gathering information. She got moved to days and
then her social media posts were found by someone
(her staffing agency?) and they pulled her from
the “A4 unit” (normally a step down floor that
was converted into an ICU) and sent her to the ER
to work. Very shortly after that same day she was
kicked out. The part in italics was told to me by a nurse from her agency.

A few days ago I saw Erin’s video and was as
shocked by it and how misleading it was. The part
that I can directly refute is her crying claim at
the end of it where she says a resident
incorrectly ambu-bagged her patidet suggesting it
led to his death. Absolutely untrue.

Here is what really happened on the morning she
was thrown out: I was rounding on A4 and they
called a code a few doors down from where my team
was. I walked over and started my assessment. The
patient was morbidly obese and hypoxic and had
weak pulse. We immediately disconnected the vent
and tried to bag him to evaluate the airway, but
there was no air movement; the bag could not
squeeze. I tried to suction the trach and the
suction catheter could not advanced through the
trach, so I knew it was occluded or dislodged
from the trachea. As we examined the patient
quickly, it was immediately apparent that there
was a ton of subcutaneous air on the chest
(right > left), so I knew the trach got pushed
out from the trachea. There was no way ay that
time to find the trachea through the stoma. I was
there with an ER doc who was acting as an
intensivist on a different team. I intubated the
gentleman and he did bilateral chest tubes, which
confirmed tension pneumothorax. A CRNA came and I
asked him to confirm tube placement, as the views
were terrible considering the size of his neck
and the capnometer was giving us equivocal
readings. The CRNA used a glide scope and we
decided to make sure the ETT was in place so he
used a Bougie and then we put a 2nd tube over
that and knew we were definitely in. We had
already started CPR and marched through ACLS like
military cadence. Unfortunately he never regained
his pulse or blood pressure. I called it at 18
minutes, with the full agreement of the other
attendings, including the patient’s medicine
attending. Many were upset over the gentleman’s
death as apparently he had been doing so well and was actually improving.

As to why he developed a spontaneous tension
pneumothorax, I don’t know. The nurses were
saying a resident was in the room beforehand
adjusting the PEEP, but I spoke to the residents
and then an attending who said he was making some
ventilatory adjustments and never touched the
PEEP. I told the nurses after the code what
happened and that it looked like a spontaneous
pneumothorax and the trach came out from the
subcutaneous air. There was no resident
“incorrectly ambu-bagging” the patient which led to his death.

That AM, the nurses had been sympathetic to Erin
(clearly one had called her), but by later that
day her social media posts had started making the
rounds. As nurses read them, they were OUTRAGED
at what she was stating and doing. Since then,
many things that she posted on her Facebook have
been deleted, but the reality is that someone in
her agency and the hospital figured out she was a
wolf in sheep’s clothing and booted her out due
to her social media posts and apparently her IT violations.

 From an ICU nurse at Elmhurst:

I am a MICU/CCU nurse at Elmhurst Hospital.  The
way you spoke up for us literally made tears come
out of my eyes. We were once called heroes now we
are murderers. We are getting death threats and
are told not to wear our scrubs for safety when
coming to work. I worked with COVID19 patients
since day 1, got sick, went thru emotional
turmoil along with physical exhaustion. I will
never forget  how much we sweat with our googles
fogged up, had headaches and a sore throat with
wearing the N95 for more than 12 hours running
room to room as the saturation levels went down to the 40’s.

So many of us got sick and to have someone who
came to make up some story and twist it is so
wrong. This nurse deserves her license revoked.
She puts the profession of nursing to a shame.
She claims her private institution in Florida had
no deaths related to COVID. According to her
facebook she is from Tampa Florida which falls
under Hillsborough county which had 81 deaths.
The total population of Tampa, Fl is 392,890
whereas the total population in Queens, NY is 2.73 million.

This so called holistic anti-vax , anti-chemo RN
from the ED who claims to have all crossed
trained nurses when in fact she was being taught
how to suction patients on the vent has convinced
certain people that COVID-19 did not even exist
and the solution to COVID is sunshine, sea water,
hydroxychloroquine and vitamin C.

There is no cure for COVID-19 as of yet. We tried
the plasma, hydroxychloroquine remdesimvir and
more which did not improve some of these
patients’ conditions. We were physically tired
where I had worked 14 1/2 hour shifts but the
emotional turmoil this brought upon us cannot
even be expressed in words. We had to open up 160 ICU beds.

I can not even imagine how the lies of this
person affected  those who are already grieving
with the loss of their family members. We held a
candle light vigil because we wanted to say a few
words and have closure because of everyone who
passed. So these are nurses and doctors who do
care. People like Erin Marie Olszewski have no
shame and do not care for anyone but themselves.

Thank you Dr. Z because the only people who seem
to know she is lying at this time are healthcare professionals.

 From a traveling nurse at Elmhurst:

As a travel nurse working at Elmhurst hospital I
just wanted to thank you for your videos
supporting those of us that work here. Have we
done everything right? No, it’s an unknown
disease and mistakes were made. I know for a fact
that everyone here has worked their hardest and
done everything possible to treat the patients
here. I’ve seen the staff nurses get teary-eyed
when they talk about the first few days of the
pandemic. I’ve seen doctors and nurses work
tirelessly to save patients and do all they can
for them, sometimes even if nothing is left to be
done but hold their hand. So, from the bottom of
my heart, I thank you for not letting the truth go unknown.

More stories coming shortly…

[]

<https://www.addtoany.com/add_to/facebook?linkurl=https%3A%2F%2Fzdoggmd.com%2Felmhurst-hospital%2F&linkname=What%20Really%20Happened%20At%20Elmhurst%20Hospital>

<https://www.thepoliticsofpesticides.com/>The<https://www.thepoliticsofpesticides.com/>
Fight Against Monsanto's Roundup: The Politics of
Pesticides (SkyHorse, 2019), authored by Mitchel
Cohen, is now available at bookstores everywhere!
Please click on link to learn more.