[]

Five newly published papers warn that glyphosate or glyphosate-based herbicides may have harmful reproductive consequences. The new research on animals adds to concerns that glyphosate can interfere with fertility and disrupt normal reproductive functions.

For more information about health problems associated with the world's most widely used herbicide, see our Glyphosate Fact Sheet

EPA deletes director's name from comment about glyphosate cancer link:
A public comment signed by a high-ranking public official warned of cancer links to glyphosate, but EPA removed his name and marked the comment "anonymous" after we called attention to it.  The comment attributed to Patrick Breysse, director of the National Center for Environmental Health and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), was filed with the EPA in October 2019, stating that research supports a cancer connection to glyphosate but the EPA has been subjected to corporate influence:

"Numerous studies have linked its use to an increase in lymphomas, and it's time we stopped letting the chemical industry manipulate research to serve its own interest," Breysse said in the public comment filed with EPA. "U.S. citizens need to trust the Environmental Protection Agency to operate in our best interest, which means weighing evidence from neutral scientific sources not vested in the outcome."

Roundup trial update: Last week we reported that a federal judge had harsh words for Bayer AG's plan to delay potential future Roundup cancer lawsuits and block jury trials. Bayer has since backed away from the plan the judge had criticized as potentially unconstitutional. Read the latest in Carey Gillam's Roundup Trial Tracker.

COVID-19 news: Jane Mayer reports in The New Yorker on the secretive titan behind one of America's largest poultry companies — one of President Trump's top donnors — who is ruthlessly leveraging the coronavirus crisis andd his vast fortune to strip workers of protections.  See also the editorial in BMJ Evidence-Based Medicine by Maryanne Demasi arguing that a low carbohydrate diet could be part of the solution to the COVID-19 pandemic.

For more pandemic related food news, check out our Coronavirus Food News Tracker.

More food news of the week:
Please consider donating here to help expand the U.S. Right to Know food industry investigations.

For our right to know,
Carey, Gary, Stacy

[]
Uncovering and reporting the secrets the food industry doesn't want you to know...

View this in your browser

Sign up for our newsletter

Follow us on Twitter

@USRighttoKnow