The AMD A series have historically been a much lower performing chip than
their Intel counterparts. The Ryzen chips are the first in a long time that
have gotten close to being a similar performance, but a lot of them don't
include a GPU to get more performance from the chip.

Just as an aside - my work computer almost choked on a Meet yesterday and
it's a Threadripper 2950X with 16 physical cores. No way it can be
considered a lower end chip so why was I experiencing lag on voice and
video?

Nick Clark
Lead Computer Technician
Champlain Valley School District