*From:* School Information Technology Discussion <[log in to unmask]> *On
Behalf Of *Brian A. Hill
*Sent:* Monday, September 21, 2020 12:53 PM
*To:* [log in to unmask]
*Subject:* Re: Chrome Printing

We used to use Cloudprint with Chromebooks to make that work, and it was
never as solid as we'd have liked.  We transitioned to the native printing
and were pleasantly surprised.  It's moved around in the Admin console, but
it's remained solid for the last few years.  Now it's at Devices > Chrome >
Printers.  We have Canon and Xerox copiers that we've set up in addition to
some printers.  Generally if we try a few settings we'll find the one that
works and document it.  If we have the wrong setting, it will just hang as
you describe.  The copiers end up being mostly "Generic PLC 5E" if that
helps, and they work.  I forget if they're ipp or lpd -- but more often we
probably just try a few and see what works.

[image: Print.png]

Brian

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 12:45 PM Scott Marshia - CCSU <