The AMD A series have historically been a much lower performing chip than their Intel counterparts. The Ryzen chips are the first in a long time that have gotten close to being a similar performance, but a lot of them don't include a GPU to get more performance from the chip.

Just as an aside - my work computer almost choked on a Meet yesterday and it's a Threadripper 2950X with 16 physical cores. No way it can be considered a lower end chip so why was I experiencing lag on voice and video?

Nick Clark
Lead Computer Technician
Champlain Valley School District
Champlain Valley Union High School