Scott,
I'm going to answer specifically to the "Has anyone else had problems with Zoom meeting this year".
Absolutely.
One question I would ask is, are the users having the Zoom issue only having issues at School, or  are they using Zoom, and the same school issued device, at home (different environment) and they are NOT having issues?

If they can use Zoom at home, with the same device, just fine, then I would consider it an issue with your school environment (bandwidth, firewall, APs, etc...). But if they have similar issues using Zoom at home, then it's more of a device issue, which I have done some significant troubleshooting with and can share my findings with you about that.