Print

Print


Mike Kanfer shared this
<https://support.google.com/a/answer/10037875?product_name=UnuFlow&p=meet-advanced-features&visit_id=637369894063369830-2176776885&rd=2&src=supportwidget1>
earlier
today on an email thread I was part of that spells it out pretty the
comparison specific to Google Meet.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 3:04 PM Drew Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I've been out of the loop on this.  Is there a summary of what we'll lose
> if we continue with the free GSuite for Education?  What will we get for
> our (considerable) money if we go with the paid version?
>
> Thanks!
>
> DB
>
> On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 6:27 PM Allison Mollica <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
>> It is expensive.  Ridiculously so considering most of G Suite is 'free.'
>>
>> *Allison L. Mollica, M. Ed*
>> Contact:  [log in to unmask]
>> Phone:  603.340.0873
>> Web:  allisonmollica.com  <http://allisonmollica.com>
>>
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 4:20 PM Peter Drescher <[log in to unmask]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> That is really helpful Rob... we explored it too here at Essex
>>> Westford.  It's expensive in my book, but almost feels like we may have to
>>> cave...somewhat frustrating...  we are still considering.
>>> Peter
>>>
>>> On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 4:37 PM Robert Gervais <
>>> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> We have not upgraded yet, but have submitted a PO to Amplified IT
>>>> (Google reseller).  You can choose your reseller (ie CDWG), but I went with
>>>> Ampliifed IT because I want to also work with them on their product to
>>>> connect Powerschool with Google Classroom (Lil SIS) and other tools. I
>>>> thought it would be smart to build that relationship, as they'll be the
>>>> "implementation specialist" for Enterprise.
>>>> You need to purchase educator licenses (annually $24/each) and you get
>>>> student licenses on a 1:10 ratio.  Educators includes paras and teachers,
>>>> but you can exclude non-educational staff such as custodial/bus drivers,
>>>> etc.
>>>> There is a 2 week+ lead time I was told.
>>>> Thus far the hardest part was making contact with a Google rep who
>>>> could give me this information.  Feel free to contact me offlist if you
>>>> want that contact info (guessing it's applicable to all k-12 VT schools).
>>>>
>>>> Hope this helps somene!
>>>>
>>>> Robert Gervais
>>>> Director of Technology
>>>> Missisquoi Valley School District
>>>> [log in to unmask]
>>>>
>>>> "If you can't explain it simply, you don't know it well enough" Albert
>>>> Einstein
>>>>
>>>> Need tech support?
>>>> Put in a ticket here: support.mvsdschools.org
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 3:48 PM Michael RobbGrieco <
>>>> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>>>
>>>>> Two questions and then I will describe where we're at with this:
>>>>> 1) Has anyone upgraded or tried to, to GSuite Enterprise for Education
>>>>> (and how did it go)?
>>>>> And
>>>>> 2) Does upgrading through a Google certified resellers seem safe
>>>>> enough? (More on this below)
>>>>>
>>>>> We are trying to upgrade to GSuite Enterprise for Education (GSEfE)
>>>>> ahead of the September 30th removal of various features (such as Meet
>>>>> recordings) and the impending added Meet features in GSEfE, and we have
>>>>> found that no one from Google responds to the form submission for
>>>>> upgrading. After 3 tries over the past weeks followed by unfulfilled
>>>>> autogenerated email responses to the form submission that said a
>>>>> representative would contact me in 1-4 business days, I posted in a Google
>>>>> Community Help forum about this issue after seeing other similar posts. A
>>>>> certified Google reseller (Tech GroupZ) from India contacted me by phone
>>>>> after seeing the forum post. The reseller told us that at this time Google
>>>>> is only doing upgrades to GSEfE through resellers (can anyone verify
>>>>> this?). They sent me their Google reseller certification and links to
>>>>> verify that status. I need to use "transfer tokens" generated in Google
>>>>> Admin to give the reseller access to implement the upgrade with each of our
>>>>> school domains (we are all separate in Windham Southwest). It all seems on
>>>>> the up and up, but I just wanted to ask those questions I mentioned at the
>>>>> top: 1) Has anyone else has done this process (and how did it go)? And 2)
>>>>> does upgrading through Google certified resellers seems safe enough?
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>
>>>>> Mike RobbGrieco
>>>>>
>>>>> Director of Curriculum & Technology Integration
>>>>> Windham Southwest Supervisory Union
>>>>> [log in to unmask]
>>>>>
>>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT
>>>> Archive
>>>>
>>>> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
>>>> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter Drescher
>>> Director of Technology and Innovation
>>> Essex Westford School District
>>> 58 Founders Rd.
>>> Essex Jct., VT 05452
>>> (o) 802-857-7090
>>> (c) 802-279-8355
>>> [log in to unmask]
>>>
>>>
>>> CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION. THIS MESSAGE MAY NOT BE FORWARDED.
>>>
>>> The information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from  the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-857-7777 or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the communication.
>>>
>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT
>>> Archive
>>>
>>> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
>>> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>>>
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT
>> Archive
>>
>> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
>> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>>
>
>
> --
>
> [image: WSD Logo] <https://wsdvt.org> Drew Blanchard, M. Ed.
> Technology Integrationist
> Google Apps Certified
> vm  (802) 383–6073
> e  [log in to unmask]
> <https://www.facebook.com/wsdschools/>
> <https://twitter.com/WinooskiLearns> <https://wsdvt.org/>
>
>
> I apologize for the following long, wordy, and required signature
> statement
>
>
> CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION. THIS MESSAGE MAY NOT BE FORWARDED.
> The information contained in this communication, including any
> attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is
> intended only for the use of the addressee. This message may not be
> forwarded without prior consent from the sender. The information in this
> e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational
> Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any
> unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution, disclosure, printing, copying
> is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
> communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-655-0485 or
> return e-mail, and delete any copies of this message immediately. Any
> inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the
> confidential nature of the communication.
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>
> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>


-- 
*Tim O'Leary  *(he/him)
Digital Learning Leader
Shelburne Community School & CVSD Virtual Learning Academy
Champlain Valley School District (VT)

(802) 985-3331 Ext. 184 (office)
CVSD Digital Learning Website
<https://sites.google.com/cvsdvt.org/digital-learning>

2020 Rowland Fellow, The Rowland Foundation
<http://www.therowlandfoundation.org/index.html>
Ambassador, Common Sense Education <https://www.commonsense.org/education/>