Speaking as Bjorns IT who handled the process:

We started up Seesaw as a district under a single school when COVID hit. We had them split it up into our 6 schools and link it to Clever. Bjorn mentioned teachers in multiple schools. That part just kinda happened on it's own from our SIS > Clever sync. We're still working on getting things how we need them in Seesaw but it's almost to the point of being automated.

Initially, Seesaw's recommended sharing rules were to share out classes whose name contained "Homeroom". That didn't work for us so I worked on better solutions. My main goal was to minimize data entry in everything but out SIS. Having to manually mess with data in multiple places creates a mess as I am sure many of you know.

Initially we decided to add UA classes, I just opened everything up for the grade levels that were using it and shared all the classes to see what would happen. Obviously, it created too many classes. Our SIS has multicourse classes so a single 2nd grade homeroom could consist of separate SS, Science, LA, and Math classes and each one of those was being shared out separately to Seesaw. Those teachers generally only want a single class rather than 4 different classes of the same roster.

The next thing we encountered was a number of teachers who wanted access to a class in Clever but are not teaching gradable classes in our SIS. It was easy enough to create a non-graded non-reporting class in our SIS but then there was the problem of pushing it to Seesaw after it got into Clever. There was a subject for "Other" but too many classes were getting assigned "Other" that I didn't want to pass down since other was used for subjects it couldn't match.

I found a subject for "Interventions/Online Learning' that wasn't being used anywhere so I went with this one. Matching off class name was a no go. Including "Interventions/Online Learning" in a class name would be bulky at best. Weird to parents who logged into our SIS more likely. Clever can also match based on Course but it's less loose of a match. I made a course titled "Online Learning" and it wasn't matching the "Interventions/Online Learning" subject. I ended up having to match a course named exactly "Interventions/Online Learning". Now, any class made with that course, gets pushed to Clever and then to Seesaw so people like our Librarians can have Seesaw pages without necessarily having a graded class.