I'm wondering if others in the Green Pary are as
appalled as I am at the lack of leadership on
crucial issues coming from the Hawkins/Walker national electoral campaign?

I am truly shocked by this turn of events.

I've received mailings from the campaign -- I
guess they are fundraising letters -- under the
following ridiculous subject heds:

"About that bruise on my forehead…"

"*shaking our heads* Lost in the sauce…"

(what's this thing about "heads"?"

Nothing about "Stop the war on People of Color"
"Stop White Supremacists and fascism"
"No to fracking"
"No to genetically engineered food"
"Shut down biowarfare labs everywhere in the
world experimenting with viruses, including 'our own' at Fort Detrick"
"Support women's right to choose!"
"Support the rights of gay people and transgender
folks to live freely and without fear, like everyone else"
"Raise the minimum wage"
"Provide N95 masks for free to everyone"
"Support health care workers, end union-breaking"
"U.S. Hands off Venezuela and Cuba"
"Bring the troops home, now!"
"Support Organic Food! Stop the mass spraying of toxic pesticides!"

Nothing at all about those and/or a zillion other
crucial issues. Just stupid garbage. No leadership.

Just a regular diet of garbage.

Is that why people are in the Green Party? Is
that what we've been trying to build all these years?

I know that's not why I'm in it.

Jill Stein expressed the wishes and politics of
the Green Party membership; Howie Hawkins appears
to be allowing idiots to run his campaign.

And when they put out something interesting it's
hidden behind the generic "Posts from Howie
Hawkins for President | Angela Walker for Vice
President", requiring the reader to go to that
site if they happen to be interesting in reading
the latest words of wisdom from our candidates,
instead of putting it "in your face" with proper
messaging and ORGANIZING around that issue.

I'd written to Howie Hawkins personally about
this and have received no suitable response.

What is going on?

In my view, we should be asking people in "safe"
states to vote for the Green Party, while in
"swing" (purple) states the Green Party should
publicly endorsing Biden/Harris -- with all the
caveats. We MUST stop fascism and white
supremacy, that HAS TO be Green Party and
everyone else's priority, and this is a major
opportunity for our candidates to express that
desire and understanding at this time.

Mitchel Cohen
Brooklyn Greens / Green Party

<https://www.thepoliticsofpesticides.com/>The<https://www.thepoliticsofpesticides.com/>
Fight Against Monsanto's Roundup: The Politics of
Pesticides (SkyHorse, 2019), authored by Mitchel
Cohen, is now available at bookstores everywhere!
Please click on link to learn more.