---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Science for the People <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 8:14 AM
Subject: People's Green New Deal Teach-Ins start Oct 8

Focusing on the grassroots movements that are building a People’s Green New
Deal

September 28, 2020
[image: Science for the People]
<https://scienceforthepeople.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0e8b787e5436c1538a66f411d&id=a152ff9d40&e=f9d46cea77>

*Comrades,*

The *People’s Green New Deal issue Editorial Collective*
<https://scienceforthepeople.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0e8b787e5436c1538a66f411d&id=da4e21681e&e=f9d46cea77>
and the Climate Change Working Group of Science for the People are excited
to announce a virtual teach-in series focusing on the grassroots movements
that are building a People’s Green New Deal. As the conversation around
what constitutes a Green New Deal shifts and changes with the risk of being
co-opted by the same capitalists who have endangered our existence with
their willful negligence, and at times intentional acceleration, of the
climate crisis, we must continue to push for meaningful policy. This series
of teach-ins will center grassroots organizing movements led by coalitions
of environmental justice communities, academics and activists, not just in
the US, but around the globe. These teach-ins are based on the People’s
Green New Deal issue of Science for the People magazine, and will continue
to build an internationalist, anti-capitalist, and anti-racist vision.
Attend the teach-ins to join the conversations among scientists, labor
organizers, artists, designers and community activists, that will inform
our ongoing organizing work to meet the climate crisis.

You can sign up to receive email updates about these teach-ins using this
*form*
<https://scienceforthepeople.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0e8b787e5436c1538a66f411d&id=342cf9e1da&e=f9d46cea77>
.

*Our first teach-in event will take place on Thursday, Oct 8th, 12.30 - 2
pm EST and will focus on “Labor and Green New Deal: Workers for Energy
Democracy”. *
<https://scienceforthepeople.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0e8b787e5436c1538a66f411d&id=ae0146388a&e=f9d46cea77>
We'll be posting and sharing relevant stories from the magazine before each
event. You can *read ‘A People’s Green New Deal’ online*
<https://scienceforthepeople.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0e8b787e5436c1538a66f411d&id=c742d53c85&e=f9d46cea77>,
or order a *print copy*
<https://scienceforthepeople.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0e8b787e5436c1538a66f411d&id=d5b097d1db&e=f9d46cea77>
or *pdf copy*
<https://scienceforthepeople.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0e8b787e5436c1538a66f411d&id=af109340bc&e=f9d46cea77>
of the magazine.

We plan to hold the teach-ins on a weekly basis, starting from the first
week of Oct till the first week of Dec 2020. Announcements for specific
teach-ins will be sent out to the listservs closer to date with enough time
for publicity. Our current line-up of teach-ins include two panels on labor
issues and the environment/climate crisis, energy democracy, art, design
and public spaces, Green New Deal and internationalism, and agroecology.

If you have suggestions or questions, please feel free to reach out at
<[log in to unmask]>. We also hope that you will
share these exciting and informative teach-ins with your networks.

Looking forward to building a People’s Green New Deal with you all,

In Solidarity.

*Editorial Collective, People’s Green New Deal Issue (vol. 23, #2)*

*Climate Change Working Group*
[image: Facebook]
<https://scienceforthepeople.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0e8b787e5436c1538a66f411d&id=c50d0645b1&e=f9d46cea77>
[image: Twitter]
<https://scienceforthepeople.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0e8b787e5436c1538a66f411d&id=ebde367076&e=f9d46cea77>
[image: Website]
<https://scienceforthepeople.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0e8b787e5436c1538a66f411d&id=11998281e4&e=f9d46cea77>
[image: Email] <[log in to unmask]>

*Copyright © 2020 Science for the People, All rights reserved.*

*Our mailing address is:*
Science for the People
PO Box 3817
Knoxville, Tennessee 37927

Add us to your address book
<https://scienceforthepeople.us17.list-manage.com/vcard?u=0e8b787e5436c1538a66f411d&id=a33102fffb>

[image: Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/email-referral/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_marketing&aid=0e8b787e5436c1538a66f411d&afl=1>