Georgia Shearer

Julie Granger
Associate Professor
Marine Sciences, UConn
1080 Shenecossett Road
Groton, CT 06340

Office: (860) 405-9094
Cell: (609) 751 6891

On Oct 10, 2020, at 12:25 PM, Robert Brown <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I’m Breton does that count?

Sent from iPhone

On 10 Oct 2020, at 15:06, Stephen Romaniello <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi All,

I am really tired of showing all old white dudes in my isotope geochemistry class. I’m hoping to put together a more diverse list of names and faces I can include. There are some obvious ones (Curie for example) but I could use a broader list. While I would welcome all suggestions, in particular I was hoping to make a list of indigenous isotope geochemists for Indigenous People’s day on Monday.

Can the collective hive mind help me out here?

I wonder if we could get a bit of funding from AGU or the Geochemical Society to help write Wikipedia pages sharing the stories of these more diverse contributions to our field.

Thanks!
Steve

Stephen Romaniello, PhD
Gerald D. Sisk Associate Professor of Isotope Geochemistry
Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences
University of Tennessee Knoxville
Knoxville TN 37916
m. 860-462-6906