If what you want is to synchronize devices, you can do it without knowing
these details about relays, etc, as long as all devices can be controlled
using a computer. All you need is a scripting language like AutoIt. I have
used this approach for years now and it works very well.

Matheus C. Carvalho
Centre for Coastal Biogeochemistry, Southern Cross University, Australia
Editor for Plos ONE and HardwareX (Elsevier)

Online course about lab automation: bit.ly/2Hg5gfj

Book: Practical Laboratory Automation Made Easy with AutoIt
http://www.wiley-vch.de/publish/en/books/ISBN978-3-527-34158-0/
Open source autosampler for liquids: bit.ly/2QVnDJU
<https://t.co/RmmDBIanx4>
Open source autosampler for solids: bit.ly/3erjacu
Autosampler for shallow waters: bit.ly/34cHKut