Pyrolyses silver capsul fall over crucible

Hello Everyone,

I`m working only since July 2020 with EA-IRMS (Thermo EA Isolink Delta V Advantage). In the last weeks we meassured a lot with the pyrolysis reactor, after every ~150 samples I cleaned the crucible. Today I remove the complete reactor and change the silver wool and the glassy carbon granulate and there I see, that a lot from the silver capsules is backed with the granulate.

Is it normal that not every sample fell in the crucible? Or do you have any idea how i can prevent this?

Thank you for your attention and stay healthy.

Best regards

Paul Hawelitschek

Leibniz Institute for Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB)
Department of Chemical Analytics and Biogeochemistry
Müggelseedamm 301
12587 Berlin
Germany

[log in to unmask] | phone +49 30 6418 948 | fax +49 30 64181 682

https://www.igb-berlin.de/profile/paul-hawelitschek