Looking forward for update on this case

On Nov 14, 2020, at 9:39 AM, Bill Schroedter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Interesting Brian. I am assuming the patient has no hand symptoms and no signs of embolization.

I would tend to agree with you. While we know that some people have an incomplete palmar arch, it would seem like the most logical explanation would be some sort of anomaly of the arch.

I will pose some additional questions. Could an interosseous or median artery supply segments of the arch without a direct or large vessel connection to it. Could the arch not have a direct large vessel connection to the digital arteries? While you were there, did you obtain finger pressures? Perhaps that could suggest an indirect pathway. Did you try to use duplex to image the arch? Difficult but perhaps that could provide some additional clues.

Nonetheless, reluctance to harvest would seem prudent.

Thanks for sharing.  Let us know.

Bill

William B Schroedter, BS, RVT, RPhS, FSVU

4120 Woodmere Park Blvd

Suite 8B

Venice, Florida  34293

www.qualityvascular.com