I think we all know about shade grown coffee but apparently there are other bird friendly products out there. In the September/October Birdwatchers Digest there is an article titled “Toilet Paper That’s for the Birds!”  In the text it’s states that humans flush the equivalent of 270,000 trees down the toilet every day. The article goes on to say there are now companies making toilet paper out of bamboo. Bamboo is a type of grass that grows 30 times faster than trees. The company featured in the article is called (don’t laugh now) Who Gives A Crap. After a good laugh I decided to go to the website whogivesacrap.org and see what it’s all about. I was so intrigued I ordered some and was delighted by what I received. I would recommend it as an alternative to the paper you buy in the store. After I ordered it, it came very quickly with no shipping charge. The added bonus was the sense of humor this company has.
In addition to the toilet paper article there was also a good article about bird friendly wine. That too is worth a look.
Barbara Powers
Manchester Center

Sent from my iPad