David,  I had an unmistakable Sprague's about 30 years ago, just north of the farm in Addison where Rt. 17 turns south and intersects a north/south road (can't remember the name.). Fortunately the bird was in a recently cut field.  We watched with good views for at least a half hour.  I wrote it up for whoever the grand poohbahs of Vermont birds were at that time.  They did not accept the record, but it WAS a Sprague's.  So they can occur here.  Congratulations.  It's a tough bird and a great find.

Bruce Peterson