I went to Minards pond in Bellows Falls today looking for waterfowl.  There were none, but I saw a large flock of birds at the top of the trees.  I could see some were red and others were yellow and assumed they were Pine Grosbeaks as they have been being seen around the state.  The birds were quite a distance and backlit so I couldn’t make out details with my binoculars and they didn’t vocalize to give me a hint.  I took a bunch of photos and after processing them in Lightroom I realized they were White-winged Crossbills.  The flock flew off while I was trying to get closer, so I didn’t see which way they flew.  Seems like this is going to be a great year fir irruptive species.

Sent from my iPhone
Breezyhillturning.com