From: SpeakOut - the Institute for Democratic Education & Culture <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, April 2, 2021 2:04 PM
To: Sherwood Smith <
Subject: Reminder: Join us next week! "Asian Americans: Facing Hate, Fighting for Justice, and Shaping the American Story"

with Renee Tajima-Peña & Helen Zia

http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=84500f83-1b00-4ecc-8a93-94d0570f8f4a&a=1102213337646&c=074ab780-34bc-11e3-b10d-d4ae5292bb50&ch=0858a510-34bc-11e3-b153-d4ae5292bb50

https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif

https://files.constantcontact.com/e22d801a001/b266322e-f7d2-49c4-b466-de310c5490ce.png

https://files.constantcontact.com/e22d801a001/e63d59d0-5a10-47a7-a1e7-9c7a83fbe3a8.png

Thursday, April 8 - 1:00 PM PST / 4:00 PM EST

Asian Americans:

Facing Hate, Fighting for Justice,

and Shaping the American Story

In this SpeakOut webinar, two outspoken, activist Asian Americans speak their minds about anti-Asian racism and misogyny in the current climate of hate—and how they seek to build multiracial, multicultural unity to address white supremacy and sexism.

Renee Tajima-Peña is an award-winning filmmaker whose work focuses on immigrant communities, race, gender, and social justice. Helen Zia is a noted author and activist on social justice issues ranging from civil rights and gender equality to countering homophobia and hate violence.

https://files.constantcontact.com/e22d801a001/c7da4dbb-f7be-41ee-88cc-818f6cde5752.png

Sliding scale $5 - $25

All who register will receive a link to watch live or later.

English captioning provided

https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif

https://files.constantcontact.com/e22d801a001/fbe09726-48f3-4325-b86e-d2a7285c0133.png

https://files.constantcontact.com/e22d801a001/0ddc9d4a-44cd-4669-b21a-5679d637c9c4.png

https://files.constantcontact.com/e22d801a001/c892a8e8-dbda-406e-9435-8487927d133e.png

https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif

https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif

https://files.constantcontact.com/e22d801a001/26d0533e-e931-420c-8a67-977cc4c21170.png

SpeakOut - The Institute for Democratic Education and Culture

SpeakOut is a mission-driven speakers agency and non-profit education

institute. Our mission is to encourage critical and imaginative thinking to

address the major inequities of our day and transform a fractured world.

510-601-0182

Connect with us

https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif

SpeakOut - the Institute for Democratic Education & Culture | PO Box 22748, Oakland, CA 94609

Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.