Cosmo list subscribers may be interested in a Senior Lecturer position at Newcastle, with an opportunity to use an existing cosmo laboratory.

Enquiries to Head of Department at Newcastle, not me please.

Mike Bentley

Durham University

From: CRYOLIST <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Neil Ross
Sent: 22 April 2021 12:28
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [CRYOLIST] Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography (equivalent to Associate Professor), Newcastle University, UK

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

Dear Cryolist,

Newcastle University are currently advertising for a Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography with a deadline of 24th May.

The job advert is focused, with a requirement for candidates with expertise in cosmogenic isotope analysis https://jobs.ncl.ac.uk/job/Newcastle-Senior-Lecturer-Physical-Geography/668993601/

For those interested in the role, please be aware that we have an existing laboratory facility for cosmogenic nuclide sample preparation that the successful applicant would lead and develop. More details are provided below and in the job specification.

All informal enquiries about the role to the Head of Physical Geography, Dr Andrew Henderson ([log in to unmask]), please.

Best wishes

Neil

Newcastle University seeks applicants for a full-time Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography (equivalent to an Associate Professor) in the School of Geography, Politics & Sociology. We are seeking to fill one position from candidates with expertise in cosmogenic isotope analysis. Potential research areas of interest include, but are not limited to: defining the past extent, thickness and timing of ice sheet and/or alpine glaciation; determining denudation and erosion rates to analyse landscape evolution; quantifying the timing and rate of deformation of faults and folds; developing quantitative chronologies for geohazards, such as landslides; dating depositional landforms and sediments.

You will have an outstanding track record of internationally published research in cosmogenic isotope-related research relevant to Physical Geography and excellent teaching experience at undergraduate/postgraduate level. A key part of your role will be an advocate and coordinator for cosmogenic isotope science at Newcastle by leading and developing the North East Cosmogenic Isotope Facility. The appointed person is expected to develop a vigorous research programme, to supervise research students, to seek external funds to support and sustain their research, as well as make a full contribution to both field- and practical-based undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.

Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University, which actively recruits, supports and retains staff from all sectors of society.  We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the community they represent.  We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.

Informal enquiries can be made to Dr Andrew Henderson ([log in to unmask]).

Dr Neil Ross

Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography

Newcastle University

0191 208 5111