We do not have a fund such as this here in Plainfield.

Thanks, have a great day
Linda

Linda B. Wells
Plainfield Clerk and Treasurer

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 10:20 AM Stephen Dotson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello Vermont,

The Town of Brattleboro's Agricultural Advisory Committee is currently seeking to redefine how it utilizes an existing fund that has been used in the past to support and protect farmers against land speculation and tax pressures. However, the fund hasn't been used in quite some time and needs reconfiguring to the needs of today.

As they explore new ways to utilize this fund and see that it helps us retain farms and farmers in our communities, I'm trying to find examples of similar funds in other Towns to share with the committee and inform their discussion.

Does your Town have any kind of fund that aims to support farms, their preservation, the viability of farm operations, and/or conservation of farmland? If so, please share.

Thank you!

Stephen