Hi All,

Looking for some advice from anyone else that deals with/has dealt with
onion maggots in the spring. Never had a problem with them until last year
(plowed under a bunch of sod at a new location, so that's probably why). I
have protocols in place for onions this year, but wondering about possible
garlic damage? My garlic is under thick straw mulch, about 4" high now, and
has been under AG-19 since it sprouted. Adult flies are currently out where
I am. Is it safe to remove the cover, or should I keep it on? Will they
even lay eggs on the garlic, and will the damage even matter? Anyone have
experience? Thanks!

Paige Wener *(she/her)*
Green & Gold CSA
Sudbury, VT