Hi All,

Looking for some advice from anyone else that deals with/has dealt with onion maggots in the spring. Never had a problem with them until last year (plowed under a bunch of sod at a new location, so that's probably why). I have protocols in place for onions this year, but wondering about possible garlic damage? My garlic is under thick straw mulch, about 4" high now, and has been under AG-19 since it sprouted. Adult flies are currently out where I am. Is it safe to remove the cover, or should I keep it on? Will they even lay eggs on the garlic, and will the damage even matter? Anyone have experience? Thanks!

Paige Wener (she/her)
Green & Gold CSA
Sudbury, VT
802.310.8791