THANKS to each of you for your responses!!

Spreader that can be aimed
Inbox
Veg and Berry
Gino <[log in to unmask]>
Apr 12, 2021, 3:58 PM (4 days ago)
to vtvegandberry
Hi V&Bers,

I am trying to spread granular soil amendments using my subcompact
tractor's PTO for the very first time. From what I've heard, cone spreaders
don't adjust very well for direction and distance.

 What can I rent, borrow or buy that will accurately toss the good stuff at
just one row of berry bushes at a time?

Best,
Gino Palmeri
*Vermont Elderberry*
*www.vermontelderberry.com <http://www.vermontelderberry.com/>*
*802-246-7693*

--

*Act now to preserve our planet's future.*

--

*Act now to preserve our planet's future.*
Brandon Bless <[log in to unmask]>

Lincoln Farm <[log in to unmask]>
Apr 12, 2021, 4:19 PM (4 days ago)
to me
I purchased a 3point hitch cone spreader (I can’t remember the brand name)
that has two controllable outlet doors that allow granular material to be
dropped on either side of the spinner and therefore more concentrated
applications on the preferred side. It has a poly cone, so is less prone to
corrosion. It is very light and easy to hitch/unhitch from the tractors we
use it on. The only drawback I’ve found is the decal and owners manual have
units of measurement that do not convert well to pounds and/or acres. I
purchased it at United Ag and Turf in South Royalton and their phone number
is 802-763-8082 of you’d like to call them for more information.

Do you have any opportunity to use a water soluble product and apply them
through a sprayer? That would be more accurate and precisely target the
desired soil area. We have also had very good results applying fertilizer
through our drip irrigation system too.

Good luck!

Sam Lincoln

Mobile: 802-793-1206

Sent from my iPhone somewhere on my iPharm or deep in the iPhorest

Lincoln AgriSource, LLC

Lincoln Farm Timber Harvesting

4884 East Bethel Road

Randolph Center, VT 05061