Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce the SPA Award Acceptance Team has implemented a streamlined approach for the award acceptance and set-up of non-competing continuation awards.

This streamlined approach eliminates several steps we currently take, for example, requesting PI concurrence, completion and return of the Award Data Collection form in some cases, and requesting a final Department Review before we finalize the award in PeopleSoft.

We will continue to notify the Principal Investigator and Department Administrator that the non-competing continuation award has arrived with a link to the award document in UVMClick.  If you have any questions or concerns regarding the award after receiving the notification, please contact the assigned SPA Administrator.

If the non-competing continuation award requires any type of cost share, we will ask you to complete Tab B of the Award Data Collection form in order to confirm the correct chartstring and cost share amounts.

Our goal is to reduce administrative burden and release the budget to PeopleSoft as soon as possible.

Definition:

·         A non-competing continuation award obligates funds for a subsequent budget period within an existing award period of performance.

·         The original proposal selected for funding included the subsequent estimated amounts and budget periods.

·         Non-competing continuation awards, in particular federal grants, are made by an amendment under the original award number.

Purpose:

·         Expedite and streamline the release of non-competing continuation funds.

·         Examples of non-competing awards: NSF grants, NIH R01s, NIFA grants, FDP subawards.

As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions!

Thank You,

working remotely

Emily Trantum, MPA | pronouns: she/her

Team Lead | Signing Official

University of Vermont

Sponsored Project Administration

[log in to unmask] | www.uvm.edu/spa/

To unsubscribe from the SPANEWS list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(SPANEWS,SIGNOFF);