Dear Students and Families,

I am following-up on the message sent to students
<https://www.uvm.edu/news/provost/update-masks-and-vaccinations-students>
on Thursday. After our announcement of the indoor mask requirement, a
number of students and parents contacted UVM with questions about
whether UVM intends to revert to social distancing, remote learning and
other measures taken during the height of the pandemic. Knowing that the
past 18 months have been challenging for all and something of a roller
coaster for our students, I am taking this opportunity to add some
clarity to the previous message.

At this time, UVM has no plans to add restrictions beyond indoor
masking. Not only does the State of Vermont have the highest vaccination
rate in the US, but Chittenden County is even a bit higher at 86%. UVM
students have already reported a 90% vaccination rate and that number is
increasing each day.

UVM employees returned to campus at the beginning of this month, and
everyone is busy preparing the campus for the enthusiastic arrival of
new and returning students.

With indoor masking and reaching even higher rates of vaccination, we
will be in a great position during this coming academic year.

As always, our highest priority is the health and safety of UVM’s
students, faculty, and staff. We will continue to monitor the pandemic
and keep you up-to-date on our campus situation. I look forward to
seeing students and families on move-in day!

Patricia A. Prelock
Provost and Senior Vice President