Hi Ruth,
For now, that is how you access your past locations on eButterfly from the step 1 map. You can however go to My Locations (when logged in it is here: https://www.e-butterfly.org/ebapp/en/mylocations), and sort or search for a location and hit the plus sign on the right side and it will be at step 2 for adding a checklist.

Just like in eBird, eButterfly is really designed for surveying. So adding development progress isn't really the intention and in fact in captivity could be slower or faster compared to natural conditions. For that specific use, it is probably best to document that in iNaturalist.

Thanks,
Kent

Kent McFarland (he/him)
Vermont Center for Ecostudies