Hey y’all!

As those of you who were at the meeting on Wednesday were informed of, there is an opportunity to help with a rain garden instillation in Milton, VT. If you don’t know exactly what a rain garden is, check this link<https://view.publitas.com/p222-2239/uvm-rain-garden-manual/page/1> out and head to page 3 (keep an eye out for my name on the front cover too!). The garden will help meet Milton’s Phosphorus Control Plan requirements, which are part of regulations that mandate towns complete projects to divert phosphorus in stormwater runoff from Lake Champlain.

If anybody is willing/able to volunteer, here are some more details:

  *   September 15th
     *   If you would like a ride, we will be leaving at about 1:10pm
     *   The day officially starts at 10am if you want to volunteer earlier or drive on your own
     *   Goes until the afternoon whenever things are finished but will not go beyond 5pm (although if there are time restrictions for students driving with me we can leave whenever)
  *   Volunteers will be helping with a variety of planting tasks
  *   BYO Lunch – snacks may be provided depending on donations
  *   Will be a fun day in the dirt
  *   We can get to know each other better

If you are interested, have any questions, have any concerns about timing, etc. just email me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> . Looking forward to hearing back from some of you and thank you in advance for donating your time to help out a local community and our dear, dear lake.

Warmly,
Cat

Catherine Brockner
University of Vermont Class of 2022
B.S. Civil Engineering
Project Manager, UVM Engineers Without Borders
203-917-5500