Hi team!

I wanted to remind everybody about this cool event that is happening tomorrow. You might remember information about it from last week since it was rescheduled to this week as a result of rain.

“The Rethink Runoff Stream Team and Town of Milton, VT are seeking volunteers to help install a new rain garden at the Milton Municipal building on Wednesday, September 22nd. Rain gardens help to capture and filter stormwater runoff, which means cleaner water in our streams and lakes. Volunteers are needed to help transplant perennial plants into the garden. Please dress for the weather, bring a mask for covid safety and bring garden gloves if you have some. Children are welcome to attend, but must be closely supervised by an adult at all times. We will provide all necessary materials and tools. We will begin at noon and likely go until 5/6 PM (or earlier if work is complete).

If you can only stop by for an hour, please still do! Park at 43 Bombardier Rd, Milton, VT 05468 and find us in front of the building. To help us get a better idea of how many volunteers to expect, please sign up here ahead of time if possible: https://forms.gle/xozYCMDbsJAZZ9J1A

Learn more about the Stream Team and benefits of rain gardens here: https://rethinkrunoff.org/what-you.../plant-a-rain-garden/.”  -Milton Town FB Post

Some of us from EWB are going to be driving there in the afternoon if you would like a ride! Feel free to contact myself or Kate if the times below interest you:

If you have any other questions then please let me know!

Best,

Cat

Catherine Brockner

University of Vermont Class of 2022

B.S. Civil Engineering

Project Manager, UVM Engineers Without Borders

203-917-5500