Good afternoon,

I am writing to share exciting news!  On Monday, July 18th, we are launching a new PeopleSoft functionality, which will allow us to review, approve, and submit subrecipient invoices for payment electronically!  This project is the most recent in a series of SPA’s initiatives to improve system capabilities, create new efficiencies, and provide the best possible customer experience within grant management and administration.

UVM receives and pays over 2,000 subrecipient invoices annually.  The current process involves multiple manual steps, and is highly burdensome.  To collect the necessary approvals, the invoices are emailed between SPA, department administrators, PIs and Disbursement Center.  SPA and unit staff have to maintain shadow systems to keep track of subinvoices and subrecipient demographics.

During the past several months, SPA in collaboration with the Enterprise Application Services and Disbursement Center created a new electronic capability within PeopleSoft financial module to capture subrecipient demographics and invoice details.  Starting Monday, all subinvoices will be entered into PeopleSoft, routed to approvers, and ultimately for payment once all approvals have been received.  The information will reside within the new Subaward Module in PeopleSoft, and interface with the existing pages to provide efficient navigation experience for all users.  In addition, several reports and queries have been created to analyze subaward and subinvoice data.

Best of all is that the system is intuitive and easy to use!  The PI approval process will be similar to other approvals currently captured in PeopelSoft.  Once invoices are approved by SPA, they will be forwarded to the Project Manager / PI who will receive a PeopleSoft generated email notification to log into PeopleSoft, locate, review and approve (or deny) a subrecipient invoice.  Attached are two job aids, which will also be posted on SPA website shorty – one for PI approval process, and the other geared toward unit administrators supporting PIs.

I would like to express my gratitude to all who participated, tested, provided feedback and training.  If you have any questions or run into issues with this new functionality, please contact your assigned SPA Financial Analyst.

Thank you,

Lana

Lana Metayer, M.S., CFRA | Director | Signing Official

University of Vermont

Sponsored Project Administration

217 Waterman | 85 South Prospect Street

Burlington, VT 05405-0160

P: 802-656-1457 | [log in to unmask] | www.uvm.edu/spa/

To unsubscribe from the SPANEWS list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(SPANEWS,SIGNOFF);