Dear Colleagues,


We all know Sponsored Project Administration (SPA) provides institutional approval for all proposal submissions, accepts grants, contracts, cooperative agreements, and other agreements funding sponsored projects.


But don’t forget SPA has a process for reviewing, accepting, and signing No-Money Agreements related to research (also called Non-Financial Agreements).


Examples of No Money/Non-Financial Agreements:  



What to do and What will happen:



The web version of the process is found at: Non-Financial Agreement


For reference, other offices and agreement types those offices manage.


UVM Innovations 


Examples of Agreements that should be directed to UVM Innovations - Office of Technology Commercialization include:



Office of General Counsel 


Examples of Agreements that should be directed to Office of General Counsel include:





·         Procurement Contracts

·         See Purchasing and Contracts


Thank You.




Brian Prindle, MBA, CRA | Executive Director | Signing Official

University of Vermont

Research Administration and Integrity

Office of the Vice President for Research

340 Waterman | 85 South Prospect Street

Burlington, VT 05405-0160

P: 802-656-1435 | [log in to unmask]



To unsubscribe from the SPANEWS list, click the following link: