We all know Sponsored Project Administration (SPA) provides institutional approval for all proposal submissions, accepts grants, contracts, cooperative agreements, and other agreements funding sponsored projects.
But don’t forget SPA has a process for reviewing, accepting, and signing No-Money Agreements related to research (also called Non-Financial Agreements).
Examples of No Money/Non-Financial Agreements:
- Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA) relating to existing or potential research projects
- Confidentiality Agreements (CDA) relating to existing or potential research projects
- Data Use Agreements (DUA)
- Data Transfer and Use Agreements (DTUA)
- Research Collaboration Agreements (no money)
- Teaming Agreements
- Facility Use Agreements
- Master Agreements
What to do and What will happen:
- No-money agreements related to research should be delivered to SPA at
[log in to unmask]
or submit using UVMClick - Agreements (Job Aide Attached).
- Include all relevant documentation, emails and any additional instructions needed to process the agreement.
- Upon receipt, the agreement is assigned to a SPA Award Acceptance Officer and a UVMClick - Agreement record is created if not already in UVMClick.
- The Award Acceptance Officer will work with the PI, staff and the sponsor to complete the document.
- For those no money agreements that appear to engage our principal investigator in an organized project that requires a time commitment or other resources of the department, SPA
will request the Department Chair or designee’s approval of the no money
sponsored project prior to completing the agreement.
- The final version of the agreement will be archived and retrievable using UVMClick – Agreements.
The web version of the process is found at:
For reference, other offices and agreement types those offices manage.
Examples of Agreements that should be directed to UVM Innovations - Office of Technology Commercialization include:
- Confidentiality Agreements related to licensing or commercial development
- Material Transfer Agreements– (outgoing and incoming)
- Co-development agreements with industrial partners
- Licensing Agreements for rights to UVM patents and/or copyrights
- Other Agreements related to Technology Commercialization
Office of General Counsel
Examples of Agreements that should be directed to Office of General Counsel include:
- Income Expense (Revenue Generating) Contracts
- Non-Procurement Contracts
- Other Contracts, as needed
Purchasing and Contracts
Brian Prindle, MBA, CRA |
University of Vermont
Research Administration and Integrity
Office of the Vice President for Research
| 85 South Prospect Street
Burlington, VT 05405-0160
P: 802-656-1435 |
[log in to unmask]