Laura, you should DEMAND a better email reader.

As for your suggestion for a pointer, remember the concept of opportunity
cost:  If you have to do _something else_ like FTP the file from somewhere
(assuming you even have FTP access...), then another layer is added.

If the file is included in the mail message, I just clip out the parts I want
in my text editor (you _do_ want to use RMAIL in EMACS, for example.. or at
least Eudora...) and save the file away.

It seems unreasonable to burden the entire group because only you have poor
mail reading s/w, don't you think?

Best -Mike