Pres Smith makes a very good point on the responsibility of each of us
to track down the info that we need.  It's interesting, though, how hard
the govt has made this.  Years ago the depository libraries received paper
copies of pending legislation in what seemed to be timely fashion.  Now
they receive the material in microfiche--in what personal experience has
shown is NOT always timely fashion.  At the moment the fastest access is
through the big-buck commercial services.  I look to the combination of
the Windo Act and the Free-Nets to make this information available to the
public.  We're not much of a democracy if this doesn't happen, and it's
one of the reasons that I'm involved in the Free-Net movement.

Anne McFarland
Akron Regional Free-Net
c/o Law Library
University of Akron