From: Prentiss Riddle ("aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada") [log in to unmask]

> > Date:         Mon, 7 Jun 1993 15:19:24 -0400
> > From: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject:      Re: Mommy!  Daddy!  Look what I found on the net!
> > With no market for trash, it will not proliferate.
> >
> > Matt Broomhall
>
> I'm afraid that I don't understand this comment.  The market for
> "trash" is one of the biggest and most lucrative markets around (if by
> But this *does* cause a tremendous problem if you accept (as I
> reluctantly do) that there exists some age limit below which some
> materials are inappropriate.  (Precisely where such limits fall is of
> Least acceptable of all, however, may be simply wishing the problem
> away.
>
> -- Prentiss Riddle ("aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada") [log in to unmask]

Bravo!

I agree completely.

While I am working on an extension to INN/Tin/Netnews protocol to make
news 'safer' for minors, there are still many problems to be solved.  Technically and Legally.

sdw
--
Stephen D. Williams  Local Internet Gateway Co.; SDW Systems 513 496-5223APager
LIG dev./sales       Internet: [log in to unmask] CIS [log in to unmask]